Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back To School Again

I've officially decided to take some time to explore other career paths. As a Marketing Communications person it has definitely been a hard year. As I sit at the mid-twenties mark I feel it is time to make some decisions about whether I want to do what I'm doing now in another 10 years. Do I still want to be sitting behind a desk then? What do I need to be happy with my professional?

The first step is looking at other careers as well as my own. I've always had a very keen interest in medicine, after all I was destine to be a veterinarian as the surgery on my stuff animals would indicate. Alas, at the ripe age of 20 I decided I was not willing to go to 4 years of medical school only to make in the high 30s. What about a nurse? Well I'm the type of persona that needs more authority and complex tasks. So now I'm looking into becoming a physician assistant.

Step two was speaking to an adviser about what I would need to do to become a PA.At his advice I'm back into the classroom two nights a week for a refresher biology course. During this time I'm also working on shadowing a few PAs to get a better sense of the job and working on doing some volunteer work at a hospital.

Any journey in life begins with the first step. I'm taking mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. I love to hear them. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails